This is a key position supporting the work of our shops across the region. Alongside our retail staff and our other retail volunteers, you’ll become part of a busy team which generates as much income as possible to support our children, young people and families.
The role includes:
- collecting donated items from the public, and delivering items to our shops and showroom
- performing visual checks of appropriate vehicles to be used, and signing them out and in
- using Sat Nav, Google Maps, or other appropriate navigation systems
- lifting and moving objects and bags of donated goods
- championing our core values and family-focused ethos within the community
We hope you would be able to provide a minimum of half a day per week (hours within the day vary according to the needs of the business), but we can be flexible with time commitment. A full, clean driving license is essential unless, applying for the role of driver’s mate, in which case you will not be operating a vehicle.
- a flexible and positive approach
- adaptability to the role’s requirements
- personable when speaking with members of the public, staff, and other volunteers
Support you will receive and your involvement in our organisation
- regular contact with the manager responsible for the area with which you will volunteer
- you will gain valuable experience and understanding of the services we offer
- you will be part of the work of a highly regarded UK charity
- we will reimburse reasonable expenses
- full training and supervision will be given as appropriate for the volunteering role
- volunteers are invited to attend hospice-wide events which include other areas of our work
- volunteers are invited to join the volunteer forum (more information available on request)
- we ask all our volunteers to follow our policies and procedures
- we will need you to complete documentation relating to the role
For further details and to apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.