Organise your own virtual fundraiser
From gaming events to virtual movie marathons, online parties, dance-a-thons and virtual pub quizzes — there are many ways you can have some fun and raise vital funds for us online.
Simply decide on what you want to do and set up your online fundraising page. Please do let us know what you have planned and we'll provide support to help you make your online event a success.
We always highly recommend using Just Giving. It's really simple to use and we can receive your amazing donations almost instantly.
- visit our Just Giving page
- click ‘fundraise for us’ in the top right corner
- your page will then be set up with some existing text about what we do and a photo of the hospice
- pages with personal descriptions and photo and video updates always raise considerably more, so please do provide information about why you’re taking on the challenge and why you’ve chosen to fundraise for us
Facebook Fundraisers are quick and easy to set up:
- log into your Facebook account
- click on 'Fundraisers' in the left-hand menu of your main news feed
- click 'Select Charity' and then search for and select Martin House
- decide on a fundraising target and timeframe for your fundraiser
- give your fundraiser a title, such as ‘Joe's birthday fundraiser for Martin House!’
- tell your friends and family why you've chosen to support us (see the suggested wording below)
- click 'Create' and invite all your friends and family to donate!
- Facebook doesn't provide us with your details. Please let us know that you have set one up!
Share your fundraiser with friends and family
Remember, don't be afraid to share your fundraiser frequently with your friends and family — you are giving them the opportunity to contribute to a cause important to you. Make sure you also thank people when they donate — you are the reason they are very kindly supporting our work.
If you’re struggling, here is some suggested wording for your fundraiser.
‘This year, I am raising money for to Martin House. I know that they need our support now more than ever before. By donating you will be helping to ensure that babies, children and young people with life-shortening conditions will receive the care they need. Thank you!’