It’s not every day that a charter train is branded with the Martin House Children’s Hospice logo, travelling the length and breadth…
Robin and Clare’s butterscotch cake recipe
For Afternoon Tea Week, our chef Robin and assistant chef Clare have shared their delicious butterscotch cake recipe, the perfect treat to add something sweet to your cup of tea.
8 oz baking margarine
8 oz light brown sugar
8 oz self-raising flour
1 level tsp baking powder
For the icing:
4 oz butter softened
6 oz icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 oz light brown sugar
2 tbsp milk
1. Preheat the oven 180°C fan or gas mark 4. Grease and line a 30 x 23cm traybake tin with non-stick baking paper.
2. Measure all the traybake ingredients into a bowl and whisk with an electric mixer or by hand until light and fluffy.
3. Turn the mixture into the prepared tray, level the top and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until well-risen and golden brown. The cake will have shrunk slightly from the sides of the tin.
4. Leave to cool in the tin.
5. To make the icing, measure all of the ingredients into the bowl and whisk together until light and creamy. Spread over the surface of the cake.
6. Cut into 24 pieces to serve.
Name: Adam Curtis Why did you choose to do the National Three Peaks in support of Martin House? My wife and I…