This is a fundamental role supporting our Individual Giving Team by welcoming people who have started supporting us through our lottery or making a regular gift. These calls are a pivotal part of a supporter’s journey, and with the current expansion of our lottery and regular giving program.
The role includes:
- making calls to members of the public who have recently begun supporting us
- gathering information regarding their sign up experience
- using Microsoft Office and Outlook (previous experience would be preferable)
- use of a CRM (training will be given)
- championing our core values and family-focused ethos to members of the public
Minimum four hours a week (any day). Ideal/maximum 12 hours a week (any day).
- a flexible and positive approach
- adaptability to the role’s requirements
- personable when speaking with members of the public, staff, and other volunteers
Support you will receive and your involvement in our organisation
- regular contact with the manager responsible for the area with which you will volunteer
- you will gain valuable experience and understanding of the services we offer
- you will be part of the work of a highly regarded UK charity
- we will reimburse reasonable expenses
- full training and supervision will be given as appropriate for the volunteering role
- volunteers are invited to attend hospice-wide events which include other areas of our work
- volunteers are invited to join the volunteer forum (more information available on request)
- we ask all our volunteers to follow our policies and procedures
- we will need you to complete documentation relating to the role
Due to the nature/location of this role, applicants will require a DBS check.
Volunteers supporting on site must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (unless medically exempt) by Friday 1 April 2022 to be able to fulfil this role. We will require evidence of your vaccination status prior to commencement.