This is a key position supporting the work of our Regional Fundraisers, who generate significant income while also being fundamental ambassadors in the community.
The role includes:
- planning, promoting and recruiting participants to a variety of different campaigns and appeals, such as Accumulator Challenge, Community Partnerships, talks about our work and Bucket Collection Appeals.
- researching potential and promoting the campaign to businesses, community groups, schools and supporters across North, East and West Yorkshire
- coordinating the administration of an agreed project using excel and the fundraising database, and assisting with the evaluation of the project once completed
- liaising with and motivating supporters and other volunteers
- organising the distribution of promotional materials, and supporting PR opportunities
- Half a day per week (during office hours), supporting the team for a minimum of three months.
- a flexible and positive approach
- adaptability to the role’s requirements
- personable when speaking with members of the public, staff, and other volunteers
Support you will receive and your involvement in our organisation
- regular contact with the manager responsible for the area with which you will volunteer
- you will gain valuable experience and understanding of the services we offer
- you will be part of the work of a highly regarded UK charity
- we will reimburse reasonable expenses
- full training and supervision will be given as appropriate for the volunteering role
- volunteers are invited to attend hospice-wide events which include other areas of our work
- volunteers are invited to join the volunteer forum (more information available on request)
- we ask all our volunteers to follow our policies and procedures
- we will need you to complete documentation relating to the role
Due to the nature/location of this role, applicants will require a DBS check.