This is a rewarding and sociable role, supporting our Individual Giving Team with basic administration in our Income Generation office.
The role includes:
- assisting the Individual Giving team and other teams when necessary, with general administrative tasks such as scanning, photocopying, folding letters
- answering the telephone, taking messages and transferring calls during particularly busy periods
- using Microsoft Office and Outlook (previous experience would be preferable)
- use of a CRM (training will be given)
Three hours per week with flexibility if necessary
- a flexible and positive approach
- adaptability to the role’s requirements
- personable when speaking with members of the public, staff, and other volunteers
Support you will receive and your involvement in our organisation
- regular contact with the manager responsible for the area with which you will volunteer
- you will gain valuable experience and understanding of the services we offer
- you will be part of the work of a highly regarded UK charity
- we will reimburse reasonable expenses
- full training and supervision will be given as appropriate for the volunteering role
- volunteers are invited to attend hospice-wide events which include other areas of our work
- volunteers are invited to join the volunteer forum (more information available on request)
- we ask all our volunteers to follow our policies and procedures
- we will need you to complete documentation relating to the role
Due to the nature/location of this role, applicants will require a DBS check.
Volunteers supporting on site must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (unless medically exempt) by Friday 1 April 2022 to be able to fulfil this role. We will require evidence of your vaccination status prior to commencement.