This is a busy and incredibly rewarding position supporting the work of the hospice’s main reception office.
The role includes:
- greeting and assisting visitors, answering telephone queries and redirecting calls
- sorting incoming post and parcel deliveries, and collecting and franking outgoing post
- shredding and laminating, and processing stationary requests
- ad-hoc administration, including the use of basic Microsoft packages (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- processing donations, cleaning and relabelling donation boxes, and printing sticky labels for retail
- scanning, updating and saving documents relating to car usage
- scanning and saving Covid-19 staff and volunteer test results
- printing and reinforcing care sheets
Our reception volunteers support us during weekday mornings and/or afternoons.
- a flexible and positive approach
- adaptability to the role’s requirements
- personable when speaking with members of the public, staff, and other volunteers
- being sensitive to providing support within a care environment
Support you will receive and your involvement in our organisation
- regular contact with the manager responsible for the area with which you will volunteer
- you will gain valuable experience and understanding of the services we offer
- you will be part of the work of a highly regarded UK charity
- we will reimburse reasonable expenses
- full training and supervision will be given as appropriate for the volunteering role
- volunteers are invited to attend hospice-wide events which include other areas of our work
- volunteers are invited to join the Volunteer Forum (more information available on request)
- we ask all our volunteers to follow our policies and procedures
- we will need you to complete documentation relating to the role
Due to the nature/location of this role, applicants will require a DBS check.
Volunteers supporting on site must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (unless medically exempt) by Friday 1 April 2022 to be able to fulfil this role. We will require evidence of your vaccination status prior to commencement.