Martin House has been caring for babies, children and young people with life-limiting conditions from West, North and East Yorkshire for more than 30 years. Every year we care for more than 420 families at our hospice in Boston Spa, in hospitals and in their own homes. We also support more than 150 bereaved families each year.
We are seeking a Fundraising Coordinator to support our established Fundraising team. You will ideally have experience of:
- Providing support on a range of administrative tasks including dealing with enquiries (in person, postal, telephone, email, social media)
- Working with a customer/donor database, ideally within the charity sector
- Writing fundraising communications in a timely manner, and recording these communications on a database
- Understanding fundraising best practice
- Handling donations
For this role we are open to discussing the possibility of hybrid working, flexible start and finish times, or compressed hours.
Our ideal candidate will
- Be dedicated, compassionate, work collaboratively, be open, honest, flexible, caring and deliver high standards in everything you do.
- Want to work in a well-established, award-winning hospice, working as part of the multidisciplinary team.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Be highly organised and able to manage their time well.
- Be confident in working collaboratively with all teams across Martin House.
Our benefits include
- 32 days annual leave plus statutory holidays
- Recognition of NHS pension scheme for candidates who are currently in the scheme (alternative stakeholder pension also offered)
- Free parking
- Occupational sick pay, matching NHS Terms and conditions
- Employee Assistance Programme
If you want to be part of an exciting new journey within the charity and are seeking a new challenge, we would love to hear from you.
Please complete an application form, referring to the Job Description and Person Specification or, for further information, contact Jenna Dick, Head of Supporter Care by email email@example.com or by telephone on 01937 844569.
The closing date for applications is midday on 22nd of February 2024, and applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will take place on 1st of March 2024. If you have not heard from us by 28th of February, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Please note all applicants must already hold the legal right to work in the UK to fulfil this role.