This is a key position supporting the work of our events portfolio. The volunteering opportunity will assist in providing crucial support to the existing Events Team. This team has responsibility for ensuring income is generated from fundraising events, achieving ambitious income targets within agreed expenditure.
The role includes:
- assisting with the organisation of events according to the annual events calendar
- undertaking administrative duties on a routine basis
- assisting with the delivery of event fundraising activities
- approaching local businesses to encourage them to support our events through donation of prizes
- attending fundraising events and assisting with set up and break down, and during the event
- This role would support the events team on a weekly basis, between three – six hours a week.
- a flexible and positive approach
- adaptability to the role’s requirements
- personable when speaking with members of the public, staff, and other volunteers
Support you will receive and your involvement in our organisation
- regular contact with the manager responsible for the area with which you will volunteer
- you will gain valuable experience and understanding of the services we offer
- you will be part of the work of a highly regarded UK charity
- we will reimburse reasonable expenses
- full training and supervision will be given as appropriate for the volunteering role
- volunteers are invited to attend hospice-wide events which include other areas of our work
- volunteers are invited to join the volunteer forum (more information available on request)
- we ask all our volunteers to follow our policies and procedures
- we will need you to complete documentation relating to the role
Due to the nature/location of this role, applicants will require a DBS check.
Volunteers supporting on site must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (unless medically exempt) by Friday 1 April 2022 to be able to fulfil this role. We will require evidence of your vaccination status prior to commencement.