Martin House has been caring for babies, children and young people with life-limiting conditions from West, North and East Yorkshire for more than 30 years. Every year we care for more than 420 families at our hospice in Boston Spa, in hospitals and in their own homes. We also support more than 150 bereaved families each year.
We are seeking Care Team Nurses and as valued members of the clinical care team, you will join a unique, award winning and vibrant team providing symptom management, palliative and end-of-life care, as well as planned and emergency short breaks both at the hospice and in the community. We offer 1:1 nursing and the opportunity to working as part of the MDT team made up of a variety of skilled members including art and music therapists and a 24 hour medical team.
In return, we will support your wellbeing and offer you a learning environment to develop your skills and competencies in paediatric palliative care, supported by our Nurse Practice Educators.
We are looking for fun and friendly candidates with a children’s nursing or learning disabilities qualification who have a significant level of hands-on post qualification experience.
Our ideal candidate
- Will need to have knowledge of current legislation relating to children and young people including best practice in safeguarding children.
- Will support the wider team to ensure high standards of holistic care are delivered.
- Be able to assess, plan, implement, evaluate, care and end of life care plans to meet the diverse and individual needs of children, young people and families.
- Has a genuine interest in making a difference, in palliative care with children and young adults.
- Be willing to take part in flexible shift work to include early mornings, evenings and weekends.
Our Benefits include
- Annual Leave – up to 40 days per year.
- Sick pay – six months full pay and six months half from day one of service
- Pensions – Recognition of NHS pension scheme for candidates who are currently in the scheme and up to 10% contributory AVIVA scheme.
- Enhanced Parental Leave- maternity match to the NHS.
- Life insurance – two times annual salary.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free parking at our Boston Spa Children’s Hospice
Please complete an application form, referring to the Job Description and Person Specification. For further information contact Charlotte Walker or Steve Lawman Deputy Directors of Clinical Services, by email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01937 845045.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Monday 19th of February 2024 and applications should be emailed to email@example.com.
Interviews will take place on Monday 4th of March 2024
If you have not heard from us by 1st of March 2024, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Please note all applicants must already hold the legal right to work in the UK