Martin House has been caring for babies, children, and young people with life-limiting conditions from West, North and East Yorkshire for more than 30 years. Every year we care for more than 420 families at our hospice in Boston Spa, in hospitals and in their own homes. We also support more than 150 bereaved families each year.
We are seeking a confident, enthusiastic person to be an Assistant Manager in our popular, busy shop in Acomb.
You will have experience of working with a diverse range of people and get a buzz out of generating funds for charity.
Our ideal candidate will
- Be dedicated, compassionate, work in collaboration with other teams, be open, honest, flexible, caring and deliver high standards in everything they do.
- Want to work in a well-established, award-winning charity retail team, raising funds to support our children, young people, and their families from the time of their referral through to end-of-life care.
- Understand the importance of creating a community hub within our charity shops, and be able to provide a safe, inclusive environment from which to generate revenue for our hospice.
- Be flexible with their time, as opportunities to cover Annual Leave and other absences will be available over the business year.
Our Benefits include
- Annual Leave – up to 40 days per year pro rata
- Sick pay – six months full pay and six months half pay from day one of service
- Pensions – recognition of NHS pension scheme for candidates who are currently in the scheme and up to 10% contributory AVIVA scheme.
- Enhanced Parental Leave- maternity match to the NHS.
- Life insurance – two times annual salary.
- Employee Assistance Programme
If you want to be part of our amazing Acomb shop team, and you are seeking a new challenge, we would love to hear from you.
Please complete an application form ensuring that you include a copy of your CV.
For further information please contact our Retail Area Manager, Sunny Allison, via firstname.lastname@example.org
This advert will close when a suitable applicant is appointed, so please apply as soon as possible. If you have not heard from us within two weeks of submission, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Please note all applicants must already hold the legal right to work in the UK to fulfil this role.