2016 will see the 51st Halifax Long March take place, raising thousands of pounds for charities across our region. The route is kept secret until the night itself, where walkers will be guided by our marshals.
2016 also sees a few changes into the way that the Halifax Long March will be run. Read below to find out more!
There will be NEW FEATURES to The Long March in 2016.
- Walkers sponsored for a Registered Charity of their own choice.
- The full distance of The Long March will be reduced to 15 miles to help enable more people to participate, and achieve this challenge.
- It will start at midnight on Easter Sunday evening from the YMCA in Halifax town Centre.
So here is a wonderful opportunity to join in a great social event and, at the same time, raise money for good causes - local or national - which need all the support we can give them.
Together we can all make a massive difference!
WHAT HAS NOT CHANGED.
- The Route is a secret. It always has been, and still will be.
- There will be marshals guiding Walkers on their way ensuring that walkers will stay on the official route.
- Rest Centres and First Aid will be available throughout the route.
- Walkers will be able to retire at any point in the walk and will be brought back safely to the YMCA.
- The long experience of the volunteer organisers in running this event. 2016 will be the 51st March.